Inverglen Guest House understands that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and data. This document sets out our policy on how we will use and protect your personal information.
Information we collect
The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Identity Data – The first name, last name, and other names a person may use. Marital status, title, date of birth and gender. We may also collect your user name or social media “handles”.
- Contact Data – Contact address, and billing &/or delivery address where these are different from the contact address. Email addresses and telephone numbers
- Financial Data – This may include your bank account and payment card details. When provided as part of our online booking system the details are stored securely (encrypted) by SagePay. We can only view the last 4 digits and the expiry date of the payment card. If you provide payment card details over the telephone or in person these will be entered manually into the secure (encrypted) SagePay payment system and this will be the only place they are stored. We request that you DO NOT provide card details by email as we cannot guarantee the security of such communications.
- Profile Data – This includes any information you wish to provide that you feel is pertinent to your contact with us (e.g. food or other allergies, dietary requirements, special requirements, interests, preferences, mobility issues, special dates such as birthdays or anniversaries, reviews and feedback, survey responses, competition data etc.)
- Transaction Data – This will include details of transactions for goods or services.
- Marketing and Communication Data – This may include your preferences in receiving marketing and communications from us.
- Technical Data – This may include login data, internet protocol address, browser type, and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site
- Aggregated Data – We may also process Aggregated Data. However, this data does not reveal your identity so it does not constitute personal data. This could include, for example, a situation where your usage data is used to determine what percentage of website users are using a specific aspect of our website. Should we link the Aggregated Data with your personal data in a way that you can be identified, then it will be considered as personal data and treated accordingly.
How we collect data
The data we collect is provided to us by you or an agent/representative acting on your behalf when:
- forms are completed on our website or our online booking system (e.g. booking forms or newsletter/VIP list subscription)
- we receive an email or a letter
- you request information from us
- you enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey
- you interact with our social media platforms
- you provide feedback information
- information is provided to us by telephone
- you tell us in person.
How we store your data and keep it secure
We take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to store your information in a secure manner and prevent its loss or misuse.
Your data is stored on a secure database operated by our booking manager FreetoBook. This database is fully compliant with the GDPR data rules.
This FreetoBook database does not store or capture any personal data other than as detailed above (see the Information we Collect). Neither Inverglen Guest House nor FreetoBook will transfer any personal data to any other party if it is not part of the booking and review process.
All credit and debit card data captured via our booking system or by other means is kept secure with the PCI level 1 compliance of FabPay, Stripe and PCI Card Storage.
Where you choose to pay us by credit or debit card using our processing terminal (whether it is by using the physical card or when we process a card in the “cardholder not Present” manner), we will have a printed receipt slip that contains details of the amount paid and some card details. This receipt slip is kept in a secure location and can only be accessed by authorised personnel. The slip is kept separately from any other information that could identify the card as belonging to an individual. Card payment slips are only kept for as long as is reasonable and destroyed using a security grade shredder.
On arrival, we require you to verify your identity and booking details by signing a printed registration form that includes the personal information you (or your representative) have provided. This registration form is kept in a secure location and can only be accessed by authorised personnel. This form is only kept for as long as is reasonable and destroyed using a security grade shredder.
Using your personal information
The personal information provided to us will only be used in connection with the services we are providing to you and is intended to improve your experience.
We will only use your personal data as legally permitted. We may use your personal information for various purposes including:
- To process your booking and provide confirmation details
- To obtain payments for our goods or services
- To respond to any questions, comments or requests for information
- To provide information that may be useful to you
- To request feedback about your stay with us, the booking experience and our website. This is sometimes done in conjunction with TripAdvisor and Free-to-book.
- To return any items that you may forget to take with you on check-out
- To send an email after your stay with a discount code that can be used for future bookings
- To notify you about competitions, prize draws and promotions you have shown an interest in or have entered
Disclosures, Data Storage and Information sharing
We will not store or process your personal information outside the United Kingdom. Other than this, we may disclose your personal data as required by law to any third parties.
We may share your personal data with third parties with which we have partnered to enable an integrated user experience. In particular, we work with Freetobook who provide our booking engine and Sagepay who handle the secure storage and processing of Debit and credit card information. We also supply your email address to TripAdvisor and Freetobook for the sole purpose of obtaining feedback about your stay. You are under no obligation to provide such feedback, and you will only receive 1 email from each of our review partners. If you do provide feedback this may be used for marketing purposes, but we will not disclose any of your personal information.
Please rest assured that we only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on our website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies and similar technologies are used on our website. They allow us to track your browsing behaviour, links clicked, items purchased, your device type, and to collect various data, including analytics, about how you use and interact with our Services. This helps us to provide you with a better user experience and improved performance.
We use various web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to collect information about how you interact with our website. This information includes things such as IP address, geographic location of the device, browser type, browser language, date and time of your request, time(s) of your visit(s), page views and page elements (e.g., links) that you click, what site you visited prior to visiting our website and how much time you spend on each page.
If you do not want information collected through the use of these technologies, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that enable you to automatically decline many of these technologies or to be given the choice of declining or accepting them.
You may request that we provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity ( e.g. a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)
You also have the right to request that we delete and destroy your personal data. Subject to providing evidence of your identity (see above) we will be happy to comply with a request to delete your data.
Third party websites
Our website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites and you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Who we are and how to Contact us
Our website is: https://www.inverglenguesthouse.co.uk.