GreatNESS meets ActiveNESS – The Etape Loch Ness
- Sunday 23rd April 2017
- Over 5,000 participants
- 66 Miles / 106 Km
- Complete Circuit of Loch Ness
- Fastest Riders aim to complete the course in under 3 hours
- King of the Mountains – 380 Metres of climbing in 9 Km (including gradients of up to 12%)
A cycle sportive taking place around iconic Loch Ness. Riders cycle 66-miles / 106-km on traffic free roads all the way around Loch Ness. This 360° closed-road route starts and finishes in the Highland capital of Inverness. The 2017 event will take place on Sunday 23 April with a record 5200 riders taking part.
If you live in or are visiting the following villages, why not get your friends and family to give riders a cheer as they go past, it really does make a difference.
- Drumnadrochit – riders expected 06.50-08.00
- Invermoriston – riders expected 07.20-09.00
- Fort Augustus – riders expected 07.35-09.25
- Foyers / Inverfarigaig – riders expected 08.10-11.00
- Dores – riders expected 08.40-11.45
- Inverness – riders expected 09.00-12.30
The final 2 miles through Inverness alongside the River Ness provide the best vantage points for spectators and at the Event Hub at Eden Court Theatre.
Here are some images from the 2016 event.