A year of fantastic events
Below are just some of the events happening in and around Inverness during 2015. Just click on the event to find out more information. Certain events, especially The Loch Ness Marathon and The Inverness Highland Games do attract many visitors and early booking of your accommodation is essential.
Inverness Farmers’ Market is held on the first Saturday of every month at the Eastgate Shopping Centre.
Just click on the event name to go to the appropriate website.
January to March
April to June
July to September
- 18 July – Inverness Highland Games – Held in the centre of Inverness. a must see event that is hugely popular with locals and visitors. Book early if you want to see this magnificent spectacle
- 1 August – Nairn Show – A whole host of entertainment with livestock exhibitions, craft fair, food fair, show jumping, trade stands, cookery demonstrations and much more. A great family day out.
- 7 August – Dornoch Highland Gathering – Another hugely enjoyable event held in the picturesque village of Dornoch just a 40 minute drive north of Inverness
- 7-8 August – Highland Field Sports Fair, Moy, Inverness – Entertainment and activity for both young and old. Mainly featuring field sports activities but also competitions such as fly casting, gun dog handling and clay pigeon shooting.
- 5 August – Black Isle Horse Show – Held At Mannsfield Showground, Muir of Ord, Ross-Shire
- 6 August – Black Isle Show – Also held At Mannsfield Showground, Muir of Ord, Ross-Shire. The biggest agricultural show in the North of Scotland. Book early to avoid dissapointment.
- 6 – 8 August – Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival - Held on the Belladrum Estate near Beauly. This is an outdoor music festival for all the family with an eclectic range of music from rock to country, and blues to world music
- 2015 Dates TBA – Celebration of the Centuries – Fort George will come to life as over two hundred and fifty performers depict centuries of history from Picts and Romans, through Viking, Medieval, Renaissance, Reformation and Jacobite eras to World War I and II.
- 2015 Dates TBA – Glenurquhart Highland Gathering & Games – Another highly popular event held in the small town of Drumnadrochit on the shore of Loch Ness
- 1-6 September, Nairn Book and arts festival -Nairn’s celebration of literature, drama, art, film and music beside the Moray Firth
- 2015 Dates TBA – Highland Military Tattoo - This spectacular event will take place in the historic setting of Fort George just a short distance from Inverness
- September – Blas Traditional Music Festival - A celebration of traditional music
- Findhorn Bay Arts Festival – will return in 2016
- 27 September – Loch Ness Marathon & Festival of Running - Not only a marathon, but aslo 5K and 10K River Ness fun runs. The Marathon takes place along the shores of Loch Ness. Book accommodation early as everywhere gets booked up very quickly.
October to December