Events in and around Inverness
Below are just some of the events happening in and around Inverness during 2014 & 2015. Just click on the event to find out more information. Certain events, especially The Loch Ness Marathon and The Inverness Highland Games do attract many visitors and early booking of your accommodation is essential.
Inverness Farmers’ Market is held on the first Saturday of every month at the Eastgate Shopping Centre. Local produce on sale at stalls in the city centre between 8:30 am and 3 pm.
January to March (2015)
April to June (2015)
- 12 April 2015 (date TBC) – Glenlivet 10k Road Race
This beautiful 10km road race follows a scenic route from the distillery around the secret glen with stunning views all around
- 30 April – 4 May 2015, Spirit of Speyside Whisky Festival
Various Distilleries, Elgin, Morayshire
- 2 May 2015, Brew at the Bog
Possibly the best new music festival in Scotland
- 17 May 2015 (date TBC), Gordon Castle Highland Games – Gordon Castle, Fochabers
Solo Piping and Highland Dancing Competitions will take place along with a full programme of heavy events.
- 21 – 24 May 2015 (date TBC), Happyness
Inverness plays host to a host of events to get you laughing
- Dates TBC, MacGregor’s Northern Roots Festival
The former Blazin’ Fiddles front man and BBC Radio Scotland presenter brings together a whole host of folk, roots and world music for a weekend of gigs, sessions and good craic.
July to September (2015)
- 18 July, Inverness Highland Games
Held at the Northern Meeting Ground in the centre of Inverness. a must see event that is hugely popular with locals and visitors. Book early if you want to see this magnificent spectacle
- 1 August, Nairn Show
A whole host of entertainment with livestock exhibitions, craft fair, food fair, show jumping, trade stands, cookery demonstrations and much more. A great family day out.
- 7 August, Dornoch Highland Gathering
Another hugely enjoyable event held in the picturesque village of Dornoch just a 40 minute drive north of Inverness
- 2015 Dates TBA, Highland Field Sports Fair, Moy, Inverness
Entertainment and activity for both young and old. Mainly featuring field sports activities but also competitions such as fly casting, gun dog handling and clay pigeon shooting.
- 5 August, Black Isle Horse Show
Held At Mannsfield Showground, Muir of Ord, Ross-Shire
- 6 August, Black Isle Show
Also held At Mannsfield Showground, Muir of Ord, Ross-Shire. The biggest agricultural show in the North of Scotland. Book early to avoid dissapointment.
- 6 – 8 August, Belladrum Tartan Heart Festival
Held on the Belladrum Estate near Beauly. This event is an outdoor music festival for all the family with an eclectic range of music from rock to country, and blues to world music
- 2015 Dates TBA, Celebration of the Centuries
Fort George will come to life as over two hundred and fifty performers depict centuries of history from Picts and Romans, through Viking, Medieval, Renaissance, Reformation and Jacobite eras to World War I and II.
- 2015 Dates TBA, Glenurquhart Highland Gathering & Games
Another highly popular event held in the small town of Drumnadrochit on the shore of Loch Ness
- 2015 Dates TBA, Nairn Book and arts festival
Nairn’s celebration of literature, drama, art, film and music beside the Moray Firth
- 2015 Dates TBA, Highland Military Tattoo
This spectacular event will take place in the historic setting of Fort George just a short distance from Inverness
- September, Blas Traditional Music Festival
A celebration of traditional music
- 2015 Dates TBA, Findhorn Bay Arts Festival
The festival programme will celebrate both the myth and the reality and will feature a world premiere of Macbeth: the Red King, a stunning, 21st century site-specific, promenade performance in which the magic and mayhem of Shakespeare’s Macbeth are brought to life within the grounds of Moray’s magnificent Brodie Castle
October to December (2014)