Getting to Inverglen Guest House
There are direct flights to Inverness Airport from London (Heathrow, Gatwick & Luton), Amsterdam (Schipol), Belfast City, Birmingham, Bristol, Dusseldorf, Edinburgh, Jersey, Manchester, Benbecula, Kirkwall, Stornoway & Sumburgh.
To get to our Inverness B&B from the airport take the regular bus service to the City (and then follow the directions from the Bus Station), or there are taxis available. The bus journey is approximately 30 minutes, followed by a short walk to the Guest House.
From the North or South (A9) or East (A96)
- Leave the A9 at the junction for Aberdeen (A96) and take the exit at the roundabout for the City Centre.
- At the next roundabout, take the second exit and follow the dual carriageway onto Millburn Road.
- Immediately after the Chieftain Hotel, turn left onto Victoria Drive (signposted for the Youth Hostel).
- Proceed uphill to the T junction then turn right onto Crown Drive and first left into Abertarff Road.
- Inverglen Guest House is the third property on the right.
- Parking is behind the Guest House which is reached via the driveway just past the house that is shared with our neighbour.
From the West (A82)
- Follow signs for Inverness City Centre.
- In Academy Street, go past the Railway Station and immediately after Marks & Spencer turn right through a tunnel onto Crown Road.
- Proceed uphill and at the mini-roundabout turn left onto Crown Drive. Abertarff Road is the first road on the right.
- Inverglen Guest House is a little way along the street on the right.
- Parking is behind the Guest House which is reached via the driveway just before the house that is shared with our neighbour.
From the Bus Station or Train Station
Inverness is well served by a variety of local and long distance buses and Trains.
- From Inverness Bus Station walk along Margaret Street and turn left onto Academy Street towards Marks & Spencer.
- From Inverness Railway Station turn left onto Academy Street towards Marks & Spencer.
- Turn right onto Hamilton Street (next to Marks & Spencer) and then turn left along Eastgate pedestrian precinct.
- Just before the end of the pedestrian precinct take the right-hand fork up Stephen’s Brae.
- As you walk up the hill take the first left onto Crown Avenue and follow this to the end.
- Turn right onto Crown Circus. Abertarff Road is the first turning on the left.
- Inverglen Guest House is about two-thirds of the way along the street on the left.
The walk is approximately 10 minutes and includes a short uphill stretch.
From Inverness Castle (end of The Great Glen Way)
- From Inverness Castle main entrance turn left onto View Place
- Use the crossing outside the Castle Tavern pub to cross over Castle Street
- After crossing the road turn right and walk a short distance up the hill until you come to a set of steps on your left.
- At the top of the steps turn left onto Gordon Terrace
- Continue along Gordon Terrace and as you pass The Redcliffe Hotel it changes name to Ardconnel Street
- Continue along Ardconnel Street until you find Charles Street on your right (which is opposite a public car park)
- Walk to the end of Charles Street, then continue straight on along Midmills Road (keeping the church on your right)
- As you walk along Midmills Road it bends to the left and changes its name to Crown Circus.
- Abertarff Road is the second turning on the right after the road becomes Crown Circus (be careful not to go down Lovat Road as this takes you away from our property)
From the end of the Great Glen Way, it is approximately a 15-minute walk to Inverglen Guest House.