Booking Terms and Conditions
Cancellation & Payment Terms
All direct bookings require a deposit payment. The amount payable will be advised at the time of booking. The deposit is usually taken at the time of booking with any balance owing being payable on arrival. If you have specifically chosen our non-refundable option (which has been offered and accepted in return for a discounted rate) then full payment can be taken at any time from when the booking was made, and there are no refunds for cancellations or other changes.
Where you have booked on our standard terms (i.e. not using our non-refundable option) the following cancellation charges apply:
- If you cancel 30 days or more before arrival then no further payments beyond the deposit are due. We will attempt to resell the rooms booked and if successful we will refund the deposit paid less a Cancellation Fee. The Cancellation Fee will reflect the costs we have or will incur as a result of the cancellation including commission payments (when they are irrecoverable by us such as in the case of bookings using Google Hotel Ads) other costs associated with re-advertising the room for sale plus any difference between the room rate originally booked and the price at which the room actually sells.
- If you cancel less than 30 days before arrival (or in the event of non-arrival) you will be immediately charged for any outstanding balance on your entire booked stay. We will attempt to resell the room nights you have cancelled and assuming that some or all of these booked nights can be resold, then a refund will be due to you less a Cancellation Fee. The Cancellation Fee will reflect the costs we have or will incur as a result of the cancellation including commission payments (when they are irrecoverable by us such as in the case of bookings using Google Hotel Ads) other costs associated with re-advertising the room for sale plus any difference between the room rate originally booked and the price at which the room actually sells.
Any room nights that we are unable to resell will be included as part of the Cancellation Fee at the rate they were originally booked at.
If we are unable to resell any of the cancelled room nights then, unfortunately, you will be liable for the full cost of the original booking.
- If you reduce the number of nights of your booking (but do not cancel the stay entirely) then the room rate may increase if the revised length of stay no longer qualifies you for a “longer stay discount”. The Cancellation Fee as detailed above will still apply in respect of the night or nights that have been cancelled.
What do Cancellation Fees Cover?
The Cancellation Fee is to cover the costs associated with merchants fees (the fees we pay to the providers who administer the payments process), unrecoverable commission payments (for example to Google if your booking came via Google Hotel Ads), re-advertising costs (e.g. pay-per-click advertising or digital marketing costs) and associated administration. The Cancellation Fee also includes the full cost of any cancelled rooms that we are unable to re-sell.
How are Refunds Processed?
Any refund due will be processed to the same card as originally used when booking and will be paid as soon as all the cancelled room(s) are fully re-booked and the full payment required for that booking (or bookings) has been cleared to our bank account.
Where we have only been able to re-sell some of the room nights, any refund will be made within a few days of the last day of the original booking. This will provide us with the maximum opportunity to re-sell the room and maximise the amount of the refund we can process to you.
Cards due to Expire before your Departure Date
If the card used to pay the deposit is due to expire before your departure date, then we reserve the right to take full payment in advance of your stay. We will advise you of this before payment is taken.
What about when a deposit has not been taken?
If we chose not to take a deposit at the time of booking it will become payable in the event of cancellation as per the conditions set out above.
What if I have paid an amount that exceeds the usual requirements?
If at the time of cancellation you have chosen to pay an amount greater than the amount due by virtue of our normal booking terms then the cancellation terms that apply will depend on when the cancellation or change in nights booked takes place.
- If it is 30 days or more before arrival then you will immediately be refunded the amount over and above what our normal deposit terms require (1-night deposit for each room booked), less a 5% deduction to account for the charges we will incur in processing that refund. Any refund on the remaining balance will be in accordance with the terms for a cancellation that is 30 days or more before arrival.
- If it is less than 30 days before arrival then the cancellation will be dealt with in accordance with our regular terms for such cancellations as stated above.
How to Cancel
You can cancel your booking either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone (+44 (0)1463 716350). If you do cancel your booking you must obtain email confirmation from us that the booking has been cancelled otherwise your card may still be charged.
We strongly recommend that you have adequate travel insurance to cover you in the event of cancellation or curtailment.
Please note that our online booking is conducted via various agencies. The terms and conditions they apply will be shown on their website. Any terms or conditions they apply are in addition to our own. In particular, they may have different payment and cancellation terms. Please ensure you understand the terms when booking online or through our booking agents.
On arrival, you will be required to pay the full balance owing (if any) for your entire stay.
Payment is accepted by cash and Visa or Mastercard credit and debit cards. Please note that we are unable to accept payments by American Express. We also accept payment by electronic bank transfer (from UK bank accounts only).
Cancellation & Payment Terms (Approved Travel / Booking Agents)
For all bookings via our approved travel or booking agents (i.e. those agents who have made and paid for at least 5 separate bookings within the previous 12 months) the following cancellation terms apply:
- For cancellations (or a reduction in booked nights) more than 30 days before arrival, no cancellation charges apply.
- For cancellations (or a reduction in booked nights) less than 30 days before arrival, we will charge for each cancelled night. If we are able to re-sell cancelled rooms we will refund any payments in accordance with the policy stated above.
Travel / Booking Agents can cancel (or amend) bookings either by email to email@example.com or by telephone (01463 716350). Please ensure you obtain email confirmation from us that the booking has been cancelled otherwise the booking will not be deemed as cancelled and payment will be required.
Payment is required in full at least 14 days before the guest is due to arrive.
Cancellation & Payment Terms (New Travel / Booking Agents)
For agents that do not meet our “approved” criteria the following terms apply:
- Full payment for all bookings is to be made within 7 days of the reservation being made, or immediately where the stay commences within 30 days of the booking.
- For cancellations (or a reduction in booked nights) more than 30 days before arrival, a cancellation charge equal to the first night of the stay will apply.
- For cancellations (or a reduction in booked nights) less than 30 days before arrival, we will charge for each cancelled night.
We will only cancel your booking if your accommodation becomes unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We will attempt to offer you alternative accommodation, however, if this is not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we will refund all monies paid by you. Our liability does not extend beyond this refund.
By booking with us you consent to INVERGLEN GUEST HOUSE using personal information on GuestChek.com in relation to your use of accommodation services.
Where we offer discounts for multi-night stays the requirement is that the nights must be consecutive and all for the same room. Discounts cannot be given for non-consecutive nights, or where the booking requires a change of rooms, or where the occupants of the room change during the period of the stay.
All rooms bookable online have a maximum occupancy of 2 people (including children/babies).
The maximum occupancy is strictly enforced.
Arrival Times & Check-out
Arrivals are between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm, but earlier or later times are available by arrangement (and subject to an additional charge). If you arrive outside our usual arrival times without having made prior arrangements, you may find the premises unoccupied and you may be unable to gain access to the premises until 4:00 pm.
If you want to arrive earlier (including just to drop bags) then we do offer an early arrival option from 1 pm which can be selected at the time of booking. This does entail an additional charge. If you did not request an early arrival/bag drop at the time of booking, but would like to do so then let us know as soon as possible, and always at least 48 hours in advance. If an early arrival is possible (it sometimes isn’t available due to prior commitments) then an additional charge will be payable.
If you expect to arrive later than 9 pm, you must check with us that this is okay before booking. Please note that we do make an extra charge for arrivals after 9 pm.
Check-out is by 10 am.
Breakfast is served between 8:00 am and 9:00 am on weekdays, and between 8 am and 9:30 am on weekends.
Earlier breakfast times are available by arrangement, or a “take-away” breakfast can be supplied.
Your views are important as they help us maintain the highest standards. To help simplify the review process you may receive email requests for reviews. These emails are designed to make it easy to submit a review, and the feedback really helps us, so we hope you will be happy to let us (and other travellers) know how we are doing. If you would rather not receive these emails then please notify us of this during your stay.
Inverglen Guest House is a substantial Victorian property with many traditional features. However, as is often the case with such properties they are not particularly suited to those with physical disabilities and infirmities. All guest rooms are on upper levels with a minimum of 19 stair steps to climb. We do not have an elevator. If you have a disability that makes climbing stairs difficult then you may find alternative accommodation more suitable for your needs.
Our standard method of communicating with customers is via email and as such all persons booking with us must provide a valid email address so we can contact them with important information about their booking. In addition to communications directly relating to your booking, we may also contact you to provide other information that may help you plan and enjoy your stay in Scotland.
Once your stay is completed we may further contact you to gain feedback on our service. We will not add you to our ongoing mailing lists without your express permission, Our privacy terms can be found here.
Take Away Meals
Take away meals may only be eaten in the dining room between 7:00 pm and 8:30 pm and we ask that this is not food that has a strong odour such as Indian, Chinese or Thai foods. Plates and cutlery will be provided. Hot food may not be eaten in the bedrooms or the guest lounge.
Free off road parking is provided with one space per room. Please park as close to other vehicles as possible so there is space for all vehicles. We do not accept any liability for damage to vehicles or for loss of contents. When parking on our property you do so at your own risk.
We are delighted to welcome cyclists to Inverglen Guest House. However, please be aware that we do not have secure storage for bikes and do not accept liability for any loss or damage incurred. Please also be aware that bicycles (or just wheels) are not allowed inside the property as they can obstruct fire escape routes. We do have a private car park at the rear of the property where bicycles can be left, but we do not consider this a secure area and it is your responsibility to ensure you take adequate precautions to protect your property.
Generally, we are unable to accommodate guests under the age of 6 years. In quieter periods we may be able to accept younger guests, but this must be pre-agreed.
We are a smoke-free guest house. Smoking &/or Vaping is strictly prohibited in any part of the property, including the outside areas. Failure to observe this rule may result in an additional charge for extra cleaning and/or smoke alarm reset costs.
Pets and other animals
We are unable to accept pets or other animals on our premises. We will gladly accept registered service animals as long as we are given at least 48 hours notice. Please be aware that our premises is not particularly suitable for animals and as such those who have service animals may find that alternative accommodation is better for their needs.
Damage to Property
Please note that you are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We accept that accidents do happen and do not charge for minor damage or breakages, but if the damage or breakage is more significant and is due to something you have done, then we reserve the right to charge costs incurred to your card, together with any loss of income we may suffer if the room is not fit to be rented pending replacement of damaged items or repairs to the property.
We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves or our employees or contractors whilst acting in the course of employment.
Due to various reasons, we are unable to arrange for items not belonging to us to be shipped to you. Therefore, should you forget any items when you leave we will gladly hold onto them for a maximum of 7 days so you can arrange to have them collected. Please note that due to health and hygiene regulations any perishable items will be disposed of within 24 hours of your departure.
Privacy & Security of Personal Data
We take your privacy and security of personal data seriously and you can find our policy here: Our Privacy & Data Protection Policy