Highland Walks and Hikes for Abilities
The Scottish Highlands offers a huge variety of walks and hikes to suit all abilities. We are blessed with magnificent scenery that includes majestic mountains, idyllic lochs, tumbling waterfalls, glorious glens and stunning beaches and coastlines. Whether you want a quick stroll or something more challenging, the Scottish Highlands has plenty to satisfy.
As this page develops we will be adding details of walks that we particularly enjoy. The walks are grouped by broad location and graded by difficulty (see below).
- A Stroll – Mostly flat on good paths
- Easy – Moderate climbs with good paths or tracks throughout
- Medium – Climbs require reasonable fitness and paths may be less well defined
- Advanced – Good fitness needed for longer climbs and some scrambling may be required
Inverness, The Black Isle & Dingwall
- River Ness Walk – A Stroll
- Ormond Castle Walk – Easy
- Blackmuir Wood (Touchstone Maze Trail) – Medium
- River Beauly and Lovat Bridge Walk – Easy