Things to get your heart pumping
A stay at Inverglen Guest House puts you within easy reach of Loch Ness which offers plenty of activities on both land and water – all set against the breathtaking backdrop of highland scenery.
Water based activities include sailing or canoeing as well as fishing for salmon, trout, sea-trout, char or pike. For the brave, you can even go for a swim.
Loch Ness is surrounded by fantastic walking trails that cater for all abilities from well signposted and accessible walks through to challenging hill walks and long distance hikes along the Great Glen way. Want to give your legs a rest? Why not try horse riding with trails giving excellent views of Loch Ness and the surrounding countryside.
Biking is also popular and there are plenty of bike hire organisations.
To help you plan your day why not take a look at the Visit Inverness Loch Ness walking guides
For the more energetic, there are plenty of adventure sports on offer in the area – mountain biking, wind surfing, paragliding and skiing on the Nevis Range. Remember, Scotland is the home of golf, so don’t forget to pack your clubs (see our golf page for more details).
Why not check out some of the organisations that can help you be active:
- Inverness Bike Hire – Mountain bike hire in the centre of Inverness
- Ticket to Ride – A large range of bikes for hire in Inverness
- Inverness Bike Tours – 2 hour guided tour of the waterways of Inverness
- Borlum Riding Centre – Trekking and riding lessons
- In Your Element– Fantastic adventures on land and water (also offering canoe and equipment hire)
- Experience 4×4 – Thrilling off roading in 4×4’s and quads
- Explore Highland – Bespoke canoeing, kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding experiences
- Learnie Red Rock – Mountain biking trails.