Loch Ness Boat Trips and Highland Tour Companies
Whilst staying at our Inverness Guest House why not consider exploring Inverness and the highlands with the help of a local expert? There are a variety of operators offering Loch Ness Boat Trips, wildlife cruises on the Moray Firth, and all manner of Scottish Highland Tours.
Why Use a Tour Operator?
There are many tour operators based in and around Inverness. They can help you gain a deeper understanding of the geography and history of this fascinating location. They will take you to places that you may otherwise miss and bring you stories that you may never have otherwise heard.
Even if you have your own car, you will find that a good tour guide will add immeasurably to your enjoyment of the area. Private tours will pick you up directly from Inverglen Guest House in Inverness, and regular scheduled tours pick-up in the city centre just a short stroll from our Inverness B&B.
Inverness is the Perfect Base for Highland Tours
Inverness is a gateway to the highlands with its fabulous scenery and some of the UK’s most iconic animals – and maybe even a monster! It is rich with history as witnessed by magnificent castles, famous battlefields, and ancient stone circles. A visit to Inverness and the Scottish highlands provides a fabulous backdrop to walking the steps of your ancestors.
Tours and boat trips can be taken all year round, and in Summer you are spoilt for choice. Tours to popular locations like Loch Ness and the Isle of Skye take place daily, whilst other locations such as Orkney or Applecross are also easily arranged. As well as scheduled tours you will also find many companies who can design a bespoke tour just for you.
Fans of Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander books and TV series are well catered for with various tour companies offering to take you to some of the locations featured in the book, as well as some associated with both the Fraser and Mackenzie Clans. Outlander tours usually include Culloden battlefield, the Clava Cairns and standing stones, Lallybroch, Castle Leoch and other Mackenzie and Fraser Locations featured in the stories.
Even if you are not an avid fan of Jamie & Claire, the Outlander tours are a great introduction to the area’s breathtaking scenery and fascinating history.
For those seeking the full Outlander experience we particularly recommend Outlander: The Past Lives Experience. Available as a 1,2,3 or 7-day experience, this is one of the most comprehensive tour packages available and promises some truly unique experiences.
The main tour operators offering Outlander Tours include:
- Outlander: The Past Lives Experience. – Offering 1,2,3 or 7-day experiences
- WOW Scotland – Can offer a 2-hour Outlander walking tour of Inverness
- Inverness Tours – Offering, 1, 2, 3 or even 4-day tours to immerse yourself in the world of Outlander
- Happy Tours – A full day tour of the Outlander sites around Inverness
- Inverness Custom Tours – 1,2, 3 and even 12-day Outlander Tours
Isle of Skye Tours
A day tour to Skye is probably the single most popular trip taken by guests staying at Inverglen Guest House. As you would expect there are plenty of tour operators offering a whole variety of experiences.
Take a look at our dedicated Isle of Skye Page for more details about Skye and for details of recommended tour operators.
Whisky Tours & Food Inspired Trips
Why not seek out Scotland’s unrivaled food and drink products from Stornoway Black Pudding to Arbroath Smokies and from Haggis to Scottish Salmon. And of course, there is the finest Malt Whisky in the world. With such a wealth of natural wonders together with a rich and diverse history and some of the best food and drink the world has to offer it is little wonder that there are so many different ways to enjoy this magical location.
Of particular interest to many visitors are the specialist Whisky Tours, especially to the wonderful Speyside area with its many iconic distilleries. Famous names like Glenfiddich, Glenlivet and Macallan, sit alongside lesser-known gems like Benromach, Strathisla and Cragganmore. With a specialist whisky tour, you can avoid the decision about who does the driving and simply enjoy the many tasting opportunities knowing your driver will see you safely home to our Inverness B&B.
The following tour operators have specialist whisky tours available:
- WOW Scotland – Operate a regular “Whisky Bus” in peak season as well as private tours
- Inverness Tours – Private Tours for the whisky lover
- Munro Highland Tours – Private 3-day whisky tour from Inverness
- Happy Tours – Regular Whisky Tours
- Inverness Premier Tours -Full day and half day tours from Inverness
- Highland Excursions – Private whisky tour for up to 7 passengers
- Rabbies Tours – Visits Benromach & Glenfiddich Distilleries
- Highland Spirit Tours – Specialist Speyside Whisky Tours
- The Hebridean Explorer – Offer a private Whisky Tour
- Inverness Custom Tours – Offer several private Whisky Tour options
- Amber Spirit Whisky Tours – Tailor-made tours for small groups (max 7 people)
Loch Ness Cruises
No visit to Inverness would be complete without a boat trip on Loch Ness. In addition to enjoying a different view of the stunning landscape around Loch Ness, there is the chance to see the iconic Urquhart Castle and possibly even the loch’s most famous resident…Nessie!
Cruise companies operate on Loch Ness from both Inverness and Fort Augustus, as well as from Clansman Harbour and Drumnadrochit.
Loch Ness Cruise Operators
- Jacobite Cruises – offering a variety of cruises and tours that highlight the spectacular scenery of Loch Ness and its surroundings. Maybe you’ll see the Loch Ness Monster!
- Cruise Loch Ness – daily boat trips and cruises throughout the year from Fort Augustus, at the southern end of Loch Ness. Also, RIB trips operating from Dochgarroch, Inverness
- Loch Ness Cruises – the only cruise operating from Drumnadrochit
Wildlife watching boat trips are also popular in the Moray Firth. Our most famous marine animal residents are the world’s largest Bottlenose Dolphins. These can be seen all along the coast, but are most often seen around Chanonry Point and Fort George. In addition to our dolphins, you may be lucky enough to spot a whole host of animals including Seals, Porpoise, Basking Sharks, Otters, Ospreys, Herons, and many others.
Wildlife Cruise Operators
- EcoVentures – Dolphin and Wildlife watching
- Dolphin Spirit – Daily trips from Inverness Marina
- Dolphin Trips Avoch – daily trips from Avoch on the Black Isle
- North 58 Sea Adventures – Wildlife and other cruises
Coach & Car Tours of the Scottish Highlands
The Scottish Highlands has a rich diversity of landscapes, history and wildlife. No matter what your interests there is a good chance that there is a tour that is just right for you. Scheduled tours offer the best value for money, but for a bespoke personal experience you can’t beat the services of a private tour guide.
Listed below are some of the very best tour operators and guides from in and around the Inverness area. All of these have been used by past guests and come highly recommended.
- WOW Scotland – regular day tours to Skye, plus a range of private tours available. WOW Scotland is a favourite for many guests staying at Inverglen Guest House
- Highland Experience – a range of day tours from Inverness, including to the Isle of Skye
- Inverness Tours – an extensive range of tours from Inverness
- Highland Tours – various tours running from Inverness
- Outlander Past Lives Experience – Specialist Outlander Tours as well as Skye Tours
- Highland Excursions – A range of private tours for up to 7 passengers
- Munro Highland Tours – Private tours tailored to your needs
- Happy Tours – various tours from Inverness
- Heilan Tours – various tours from Inverness
- Iona Highland Tours – Small Group Guided Tours from Inverness
- Inverness Premier Tours -Full day and half day tours from Inverness
- Rabbies Tours – various tours from Inverness
- Highland Spirit Tours – Specialist Speyside Whisky tours
- The Hebridean Explorer – A range of private tours (including Isle of Skye and Whisky Tours)
- Inverness Custom Tours – A range of private tours (including Isle of Skye, Whisky and Outlander Tours)
Guided Cycle Tour of The Waterways of Inverness
- Inverness Bike Tours – a 2 hour guided cycle tour around Inverness
Whatever your interests you will be able to find a tour that will excite, entertain and educate.
With such a diversity of things to do, Inverglen Guest House in Inverness is the ideal bed and breakfast for your adventure.