Inverness and Loch Ness Boat Trips and Tour Companies
Whilst staying at our Inverness Guest House why not consider exploring Inverness and the highlands with the help of a local expert. There are many tour operators in the area that can help you gain a deeper understanding of the geography and history of this fascinating location. They will take you to places that you may otherwise miss and bring you stories that you would never have otherwise heard. Even if you have your own car, you will find that a good tour guide will add immeasurably to your enjoyment of the area. Private tours will pick you up directly from Inverglen Guest House in Inverness, and regular scheduled tours pick-up in the City centre just a short stroll from our Inverness B&B.
Inverness is a gateway to the highlands with its fabulous scenery and some of the UK’s most iconic animals – and maybe even a monster! It is rich with history as witnessed by magnificent castles, famous battlefields and ancient stone circles. A visit to Inverness and the Scottish highlands provides a fabulous backdrop to walking the steps of your ancestors.
Tours and boat trips can be taken all year round, and in Summer you are spoilt for choice. Tours to popular locations like Loch Ness and the Isle of Skye take place daily, whilst other locations such as Orkney or Applecross are also easily arranged. As well as scheduled tours you will also find many companies who can design a bespoke tour just for you.
Fans of Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander books and TV series are well catered for with various tour companies offering to take you to some of the locations featured in the book, as well as some associated with both the Fraser and Mackenzie Clans. Outlander tours usually include Culloden battlefield, the Clava Cairns and standing stones, Lallybroch, Castle Leoch and other Mackenzie and Fraser Locations featured in the stories.
Even if you are not an avid fan of Jamie & Claire, the outlander tours are a great introduction to the areas breathtaking scenery and fascinating history.
Scottish Food and Drink Tours
Why not seek out Scotland’s unrivalled food and drink produce from Stornoway Black Pudding to Arbroath Smokies and from Haggis to Scottish Salmon. And of course, there is the finest Malt Whisky in the world. With such a wealth of natural wonders together with a rich and diverse history and some of the best food and drink the world has to offer it is little wonder that there are so many different ways to enjoy this magical location.
Of particular interest to many visitors are the specialist Whisky Tours, especially to the wonderful Speyside area with its many iconic distilleries. Famous names like Glenfiddich, Glenlivet and Macallan, sit alongside lesser-known gems like Benromach, Strathisla and Cragganmore. With a specialist whisky tour, you can avoid the decision about who does the driving and simply enjoy the many tasting opportunities knowing your driver will see you safely home to our Inverness B&B.
Loch Ness Cruises & Wildlife Boat Trips
No visit to Inverness would be complete without a boat trip on Loch Ness. In addition to enjoying a different view of the stunning landscape around Loch Ness, there is the chance to see the iconic Urquhart Castle and possibly even the loch’s most famous resident…Nessie!
Cruise companies operate on Loch Ness from both Inverness and Fort Augustus, as well as from Clansman Harbour and Drumnadrochit.
Wildlife watching boat trips are also popular in the Moray Firth. Our most famous marine animal residents are the world’s largest Bottlenose Dolphins. These can be seen all along the coast, but are most often seen around Chanonry Point and Fort George. In additional to our dolphins you may be lucky enough to spot a whole host of animals including Seals, Porpoise, Basking Sharks, Otters, Ospreys, Herons and many others.
Whatever your interests you will be able to find a tour that will excite, entertain and educate.
With such a diversity of things to do, Inverglen Guest House in Inverness is the ideal bed and breakfast for your adventure.
Below are some of the companies who can help you enjoy this magical land.
- Jacobite Cruises – offering a variety of cruises and tours that highlight the spectacular scenery of Loch Ness and its surroundings. Maybe you’ll see the Loch Ness Monster!
- Cruise Loch Ness – daily boat trips and cruises throughout the year from Fort Augustus, at the southern end of Loch Ness. Also RIB trips operating from Dochgarroch, Inverness
- Loch Ness Cruises – the only cruise operating from Drumnadrochit
- EcoVentures – Dolphin and Wildlife watching
- Dolphin Trips Avoch – daily trips from Avoch on the Black Isle
- North 58 Sea Adventures – Wildlife and other cruises
Coach & Car Tours of The Scottish Highlands
- WOW Scotland – regular day tours to Skye, plus a range of private tours available. WOW Scotland is a favourite for many guests staying at Inverglen Guest Hous
- Highland Experience – a range of day tours from Inverness, including to the Isle of Skye
- Inverness Tours – an extensive range of tours from Inverness
- Highland Tours – various tours running from Inverness
- Munro Highland Tours – Private tours tailored to your needs
- Happy Tours – various tours from Inverness
Guided Cycle Tour of The Waterways of Inverness
- Inverness Bike Tours – a 2 hour guided cycle tour around Inverness