As B&B owners we appreciate what makes a great B&B. Sometimes it is a great location, sometimes it is excellent bedrooms and other times it is superb food, but mostly it is about hosts that go the extra mile (or 1.6 kilometres) to make your stay special. So with that in mind, here are a few places that we think you will like:
- The Albyn Townhouse – This delightful Victorian house, formerly the St Oswalds Church Manse, is a relaxing and calm oasis yet just a short walk from Edinburgh’s Old Town. With homely bedrooms and award-winning breakfasts this is high on our list of places to stay.
- Kew House – Offering contemporary and stylish accommodation in West Central Edinburgh this is a perfect choice for those wanting to be close to the west end. Kew House retains the features and charm of its long history, whilst meeting all the requirements of the discerning, modern traveller. Each bedroom has been individually created with you in mind using soft colours, mood lighting and a combination of modern furniture and designer fabrics.
- Fraoch House – Meaning “heather” in Gaelic, “Fraoch”, epitomises the vibrancy, warmth and comfort that you will experience during your stay in Scotland’s capital city. Located just off of Leith Walk, Fraoch House puts you but a stone’s throw from Princes Street and the New Town.
Strathkinness (nr St. Andrew’s)
- Mansedale House – This little B&B is a former Manse dating back to around 1830. It is tucked away in a lovely small village just three miles from St Andrews. The owners provide a warm welcome, wonderful breakfasts, and a real desire to ensure their guests have a great stay.
- Thornloe Guest House – This substantial Victorian House is situated on a hill with stunning views over Oban Bay towards the Isle of Kerrera and across to Mull. Great breakfasts and wonderful hosts make this a perfect place to stay as part of your Scottish adventure.
Ardelve (for Eilean Donan Castle)
- Eilean a’ Cheo Guest House – Superbly located where Loch Duich, Loch Alsh and Loch Long meet, Eilean a’ Cheo is just a short walk from the beautiful Eilean Donan castle. Offering a warm Highland welcome, good food and a friendly, relaxing atmosphere, this is an ideal place to stay. It is also just a short drive from The Isle of Skye making it perfect for day trips without having to keep packing your bags and moving on.
Tankerness – Orkney
- Straigona Bed & Breakfast – A purpose built Bed and Breakfast with stunning views over fields to Inganess Bay and the island of Shapinsay. It enjoys the best of both worlds, being semi-rural but only minutes away from the airport and Kirkwall.
- Birchwood House – High-quality accommodation in a rural setting yet just a minute from the A1. All guest rooms are on the ground floor of the property. The large lounge is exclusively for the use of guests, and there is a separate breakfast room and a conservatory in which to relax and browse through the local information provided.
- Key2Paris – This quiet and welcoming apartment is located in a charming courtyard. Situated in the heart of Paris this is the perfect location for exploring this beautiful city. But more than just superb accommodation, the owner, Martinn, provides the personal touch that will really make a difference to your stay. This is the place to stay in Paris.
- Avalon – This wonderful small hotel in Nerja is set 50 metres above Playazo beach and just 2 km west of the town centre. Avalon is set in a beautiful garden, with panoramic views of the Almijara mountains and the Mediterranean sea. Avalon’s popular restaurant has a beautiful terrace for outdoor dining and an open fire for winter evenings. The bar is sociable and cosy.
Sedona – Arizona, USA
- Desert Quail Inn – Whilst not a traditional B&B, we just had to include the Desert Quail Inn. Located in Sedona at the heart of the spectacular Red Rock Country, this is a great base to explore this area of outstanding natural beauty. This is a relatively small Inn that provides very comfortable accommodation and is within walking distance of some nice places to eat.