Scotland has a rich history of arts and crafts encompassing a wide range of activities from painting, pottery and weaving, through to jewellery making, sculpture, glassblowing and candle making (plus many more besides). The Highlands and Islands are particularly well known for their craftwork and no visit would be complete without taking in at least a few of the places listed below :
Located in Feshiebridge (13 km from both Aviemore and Kingussie in The Cairngorm National Park) the Frank Bruce Sculpture Trail is a series of sculptures in wood and stone by Frank Bruce on Scottish culture and our relationship with others. The sculptures are allowed to decay as Frank Bruce intended them to return to the earth from where they came.
The trail winds through the beautiful and peaceful forest and then down and along the wide grassy bank of the River Feshie.
- The Highland Print Studio – Inverness
- North Coast Glass – Tain
- Tain Pottery – Tain
- Castle Gallery – Inverness
- Johnstons of Elgin (Cashmere Clothing) – Elgin
- Knockando Woolmill – Knockando, Speyside
- Exclusively Highlands – Artisan Arts, Craft and Food Events throughout Scotland
- Judith Glue – Artisan Gifts in Inverness & Orkney